» [Praz][Paladin][RET], Application
» [Praz][Paladin][RET], Application
Jan 13 2012, 03:23 PM
Joined: 13-January 12
Member No.: 1,063
- First Name: Michael
- Your Country / Time zone: USA - EST
- Age: 25
- Do you have Ventrilo and working microphone? Yes, mic is clear.
- Are you able to handle mature (or immature) content on Ventrilo and in guild chat? Yes.
- Do you have the capacity to clearly communicate, yet have a knowledge of when it's appropriate to keep comments to yourself? - Yes.
- Are you presently employed or a student. Will it interfere with your ability to raid? Will you be able to attend 99% of our raids? Do you have any other Real Life obligations which might prevent you from attending 99% of our raids? - Currently in the US Army, usually does not interfere with raiding schedules. If it will I will know at least one week in advance to cover any conflicts.
- Do you have any PC or disconnect issues we should know about? Connection and PC are both steady.
- Are you able to handle harsh criticism? You can, and will, be subjected to harsh criticism and you will be called out when you do not perform. - Yes, I handle this very well.
- Class / Character Name: Praz
- Race: Blood Elf
- Professions: Blacksmith / Inscription
- Do your professions increase your performance in raids? Explain your choices - Inscription for shoulder enchants, and blacksmith for extra sockets.
- Total time played (/played) and Time played at 85 On this account - 37 days total, 34 at current level.
-Is this your first main character? If not what did you used to play? When did you start playing WoW? Please provide detailed information about time spent on all your previous characters. Tell us as much as you can, the more the better.
-I started playing wow in vanilla right around MC progression playing a Hunter. I stayed with my hunter through all Vanilla content until BC content came out and then switched to a Paladin for SSC progression. I played my first paladin through all BC and WOTLK content until mid way through heroic ICC progression where my account was hijacked while I was deployed and I was unable to recover it. I started this account towards the start of summer and have been playing CATA content since.
-Main Spec: (x/x/x) (include a link from http://www.wowhead.com if it differs from the spec you presently have on armory). If you have a relevant offspec for raiding, tell us about that as well.
Pretty much the cookie cutter ret spec although slightly different. I use 7/3/31 with 1 point in Divinity and 2/2 Eye for an Eye.
-Armory Link: [Armory] (Be sure to log out with your raiding gear on)
-What is your current guild? Iron Knights
-What were the last 3 guilds you were in? What are the reasons for leaving your last and current guild? Tell us about your time in each and how active you were in each.
-Iron Knights - Mug`thol, raider - guild has moved from 25 to two 10man groups and has slowed in progression.
-Focus Fire - Garona, healing lead - This was the guild I was apart of when I was hijacked. By the time I had returned to the game 70% of the raiders had left and the guild was a skeleton of the powerhouse it was.
-The Departed - Kul`Tiras, raider. - I was with this guild from early BC content through Sunwell. I left the guild during sunwell farming to take a break from the game. Followed IRL friends to Focus Fire.
- What end game raiding experience do you have? (This includes in vanilla WoW, TBC and WOTLK as well as Cata. be specific.) Be thorough. The more detail the better.
Vanilla- All content, full AQ40 and Naxx prenerf kills. top 10 c`thun kill (Pro Baddies Mal`ganis)
BC- Gruul + SSC + TK pre patch, All content cleared, Sunwell prenerf (Muru)
WOTLK- All regular and HM content through professor P heroic. TOC and a tribute to insanity.
CATA -All normal content cleared, 1/8 HM DS 4/7HMFL
- Link to WWS / WMO logs of recent raid(s) you have attended.
The logs of my current guild are set to private, I have taken Screen shots of some average parses and linked them below. If you require a more detailed look please message me and I will provide you with my login information to go over the logs.
- Provide a Quick Summary of your "Valuable" Stats (Healing, Attack Power, etc.) as you understand them for your class.
RET stat priority is as follows: Str > Mas > hit > exp > Crit > haste.
- Which major and prime glyphs do you currently use? Explain your choices
Seal of truth, expertise glyph. This is a obvious choice as achieving 26 expertise without it would be too much of a dps loss.
Templar's Verdict, DPS glyph. As Templar's verdict is one of if not the highest DPS producing attack that we use this glyph is also a necessity.
Exorcism, DPS glyph. The follow exor dot is a higher dps than say the crit for crusader strike and it is consistent and has the ability to crit.
Divine Protection, survival glyph - Divine protection as itself with the physical reduction is pretty usually as melee don't take direct physical damage in most of the raids.
Holy Wrath, raid utility glyph - Stuns on elemental and dragonkin
Ascetic Crusader, mana management glyph - helps mana management.
- Do you have dual-spec, and is your off spec something you could viably play in raids?
Right now my off spec is for holy pvp but I have raided all previous expansion packs as holy. I have a decent gear-set for holy and feel more than confident playing it.
- What spec do you prefer? Are you willing to respec if an emergency arises? Are you willing to respec to the optimal spec for a progression boss? I like playing both RET and Holy in raids I feel my skillset is equal in both. I am very willing to respec for progression.
- How do you feel about sitting out for any given encounter if we do not need you? It will happen. - Sitting is not a problem.
- Are you willing to spend 400+ gold a night in repairs and consumables, stay focused and wipe for 4 hours straight, come back the next day and do it all over again until a new boss dies (even on "farm" content)? That has been most of my world of Warcraft raiding experience. No problem sitting through learning fights and working on progression.
- What is your reason for applying? What makes us more appealing that any one of the thousands of other raiding guilds out there? I have read blurbs and looked at parses from your guild and feel that I would be a good fit into the environment.
- Who, if anyone, will vouch for your abilities in WWA? I currently do not know anyone.
- Post a screenshot of your UI.(If you are having trouble, use the free image hosting resources of http://imageshack.us)
- Last words: Show us what sets you apart from the rest of the candidates; what makes you better? What can you bring to WWA? What do you want us to know that wasn’t covered? Let us know why WE want YOU. This is your last chance to impress us, be thorough. Do not answer this question with one sentence. Once again, the more complete the answer, the better.
Since I started playing this game I was dropped into a serious raiding environment and a progression mindset. I have stayed within that way of thinking since. Though I have dropped in ranking of guilds and have moved around a bit my skillset has only improved with the time I have played this game. I constantly work on min/maxing either my gear of my rotation and I believe my DPS reflects this. I never stand in the fire, always reliable when it is my turn to activate a cool down or move out of a ability. I am ranked on almost every fight in DS and continue to improve each week while raiding. I am looking for a guild to expand with and see all heroic DS content with.
Feb 9 2012, 03:05 PM
Joined: 13-November 11
Member No.: 1,016
Basically you are coming into a guild that already has two ret paladins that were there for all our DS progression. You can't compete in gear, won't compete in damage, and though sometimes either of us might fuck up, it's few and far between.
I'm not sure Killmour's plans for MoP, but I'm sticking with what I am now, and unless something changes I assume he is as well. It's your shot to mess up, but let's just say the odds are already stacked against you. We did however use three, even four, ret paladins for some fights and very well could run with three ret paladins barring our damage isn't complete shit in future tiers. A lot of that is not at all solid though so don't run with that idea in mind.
|Lo-Fi Version||Time is now: 23rd May 2013 - 08:44 PM|