» (gularis) (paladin) (protection)
» (gularis) (paladin) (protection)
Jan 10 2012, 05:28 PM
Joined: 10-January 12
Member No.: 1,060
- First Name: Joe
- Your Country / Time zone: USA/EST
- Age: 17
- Do you have Ventrilo and working microphone?
- Are you able to handle mature (or immature) content on Ventrilo and in guild chat?
- Do you have the capacity to clearly communicate, yet have a knowledge of when it's appropriate to keep comments to yourself?
- Are you presently employed or a student. Will it interfere with your ability to raid? Will you be able to attend 99% of our raids? Do you have any other Real Life obligations which might prevent you from attending 99% of our raids?
student, I'm a junior in high school. During the Spring through mid fall I play football but that ends around 6 EST.
- Do you have any PC or disconnect issues we should know about?
- Are you able to handle harsh criticism? You can, and will, be subjected to harsh criticism and you will be called out when you do not perform.
- Class / Character Name: Paladin Gularis
- Race: Human
- Professions: Mining/JC
- Do your professions increase your performance in raids? Explain your choices
Yes, mining slightly increases stamina, and JC gives me more mastery for black chance.
- Total time played (/played) and Time played at 85
79 days, 15 at level 85.
-Is this your first main character? If not what did you used to play? When did you start playing WoW? Please provide detailed information about time spent on all your previous characters. Tell us as much as you can, the more the better.
Yes, this is my first main character. I started playing WoW in 2008 when burning crusade was out for a year.
-Main Spec: (0/31/10)
I take all of the core talents
-Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/magt.../Gularis/simple (Be sure to log out with your raiding gear on)
-What is your current guild? Clockwork Thugs
-What were the last 3 guilds you were in? <Axis of Evil> In Lich King i went 7/12 icc heroics with this guild i was one of the core tanks in this guild.
- What end game raiding experience do you have? (This includes in vanilla WoW, TBC and WOTLK as well as Cata. be specific.) Be thorough. The more detail the better.
WOTLK- Icc went 7/12 heroics
- Any special Achievements / Titles / Mounts you have earned in PvE you would like us to know about?
- Link to WWS / WMO logs of recent raid(s) you have attended.
- Provide a Quick Summary of your "Valuable" Stats (Healing, Attack Power, etc.) as you understand them for your class.
Mastery as it gives me black chance as I'm a paladin tank
- Which major and prime glyphs do you currently use? Explain your choices
Primes are Seal of Truth for expertise, Hammer of Righteous and Shield of Righteous for better aggro
Major:Depending on the Boss i switch out glyphs Divine Protection for encounters that do more magic damage, Holy Wrath for the extra stunning ability, Consecration for AoE intensive encounters, Focused Shield for more single target threat
Minor: Truth don't need to seal dance as a Protection Paladin.
- Do you have dualspec, and is your offspec something you could viably play in raids?
My offspec is Retribution PvP
- What spec do you prefer? Are you willing to respec if an emergency arises? Are you willing to respec to the optimal spec for a progression boss?
I prefer to be Protection, I will respec in an emergency and I will respec for progression if told to do so.
- How do you feel about sitting out for any given encounter if we do not need you? It will happen.
It won't bother me at all if I am told to sit out for a given encounter
- Are you willing to spend 400+ gold a night in repairs and consumables, stay focused and wipe for 4 hours straight, come back the next day and do it all over again until a new boss dies (even on "farm" content)?
Yes, I always bring my all to every raid and thoroughly enjoy working for hours on progression bosses. I have plenty of gold and consumables and will always come prepared.
- What is your reason for applying? What makes us more appealing that any one of the thousands of other raiding guilds out there?
WWA is a great raiding guild and I would like to raid with them.
- Who, if anyone, will vouch for your abilities in WWA?
I don't really know many WWA members.
- Post a screenshot of your UI. http://tinypic.com/r/rsfsk3/5
- Last words: Show us what sets you apart from the rest of the candidates; what makes you better? What can you bring to WWA? What do you want us to know that wasn’t covered? Let us know why WE want YOU. This is your last chance to impress us, be thorough. Do not answer this question with one sentence. Once again, the more complete the answer, the better.
When I am tanking I'm really focused on what is going on around me at the time. I take all criticism and will do what told while raiding. I normally have knowledge of fights but if there is something even the smallest thing about an encounter i will ask people look it up to try to figure out how to improve my knowledge of that encounter.
Jan 10 2012, 06:45 PM
Joined: 21-April 10
From: New Jersey
Member No.: 322
Class: Disc/Shadow Priest
Jan 10 2012, 08:46 PM
Joined: 31-August 11
Member No.: 951
Class: Death knight
Jan 11 2012, 06:11 AM
Joined: 28-November 09
From: New York City
Member No.: 4
Simply put, we're a top US guild, and you have seen a grand total of 1 normal mode this expansion. You are applying for a high responsibility job.
This is like applying to be a heart surgeon with a degree from the Ringling Brother's Clown College.
|Lo-Fi Version||Time is now: 22nd May 2013 - 05:58 AM|