» Ashna, Warrior, Prot
» Ashna, Warrior, Prot
Nov 27 2011, 06:54 PM
Joined: 27-November 11
Member No.: 1,024
- First Name:
- Your Country / Time zone:
- Do you have Ventrilo and working microphone?
yes and yes
- Are you able to handle mature (or immature) content on Ventrilo and in guild chat?
Yes, as long as it's all in good fun.
- Do you have the capacity to clearly communicate, yet have a knowledge of when it's appropriate to keep comments to yourself?
I communicate a lot, but I do admit I'm fairly outspoken.
- Are you presently employed or a student. Will it interfere with your ability to raid? Will you be able to attend 99% of our raids? Do you have any other Real Life obligations which might prevent you from attending 99% of our raids?
I am a student but I'm taking the semester off, and will be getting a job in the near future. Any future plans will be scheduled around my raids as per usual. I've always felt being reliable is a key part of being a tank.
- Do you have any PC or disconnect issues we should know about?
No, even on rag seeds I stay connected.
- Are you able to handle harsh criticism? You can, and will, be subjected to harsh criticism and you will be called out when you do not perform.
Constructive criticism is greatly appreciated. If a problem isn't addressed how can I expect it to get better? Usually too I know when I mess up and admit to it.
- Class / Character Name:
- Do your professions increase your performance in raids? Explain your choices
Both of my professions help improve my performance. I gain 134 mastery from JC and BS, and I feel that this is more beneficial than the stamina gains from other professions.
- Total time played (/played) and Time played at 85
Total: 304 days, At 85: 61 days
-Is this your first main character? If not what did you used to play? When did you start playing WoW? Please provide detailed information about time spent on all your previous characters. Tell us as much as you can, the more the better.
Ashna is my first toon created and has always been my main. I started playing WoW the summer of '06, but didn't get into raiding until after BC released. I was originally horde and during BC I created an alliance warrior, Ashalli, to play with my friends cross faction. I did alt raids with my second warrior throughout Wrath. Towards the end of Wrath I leveled a druid, pally, and dk tank, among various other classes. I really wanted to try all the tank classes, though I'm not too fond of runes so I don't play my dk much anymore. Currently I do alt raids and gdkps on my druid and pally.
-Main Spec: (x/x/x) (include a link from http://www.wowhead.com if it differs from the spec you presently have on armory). If you have a relevant offspec for raiding, tell us about that as well.
Prot - 8/0/33. I typically get aoe tanking jobs so I have blood and thunder & thunderstruck. I don't have two tank specs because I've had to go dps for raids, though since one of our tanks left I don't go dps as often. My offspec is 8/31/2 TG fury.
-Armory Link: [paste your link here] (Be sure to log out with your raiding gear on)
My armory link
-What is your current guild?
-What were the last 3 guilds you were in? What are the reasons for leaving your last and current guild? Tell us about your time in each and how active you were in each.
Asylum on Shadowsong, Insanity Included on Rexxar, and most currently Vox Radix on Darkspear. I left Insanity Included because they disbanded. I'm leaving my current guild because of how toxic the raiding environment is. The raiders and officers are so incredibly negative and disrespectful to each other, and it's really detrimental to the team spirit. I thought maybe it was just because of our progression on H Rag, but even after we downed him there is still this incredibly negative atmosphere. There is also a lack of interest of PTR testing, and I'm really into pushing content. I want to know that as soon as patch hits we are going to demolish progression, and the lack of team spirit and interest has really been paralyzing our PTR testing. I have been a main raider in each of my guilds and enjoy a lot of out of raid activities, from alt runs to achievements to pvp.
- What end game raiding experience do you have? (This includes in vanilla WoW, TBC and WOTLK as well as Cata. be specific.) Be thorough. The more detail the better.
While I started playing in vanilla, I didn't raid and played very casually until I hit 70 in BC. I've done all BC content up to Brut pre-nerf, and through to KJ post-nerf. Wrath I got my white proto but was short of immortal for the black. Did OS 3D 10/25 at content level, and 6 min maly 10/25. About a month after Ulduar was released my guild broke up and I took a break and played in a more casual guild with some RL friends. I did do all of Ulduar and hard modes 10/25, but the 25m hard modes I did more after ToC was released, so that wasn't at progression level as much. ToC did 4/5 HM for 25, but didn't get heroic Anub until after ICC was released, so take that as you will. ToC 10s I did 5/5 HM, Insanity runs, and Dedicated Insanity. ICC got the 10 and 25m drake, so did all the hard modes there. Also Bane from 10s. I didn't get Light of Dawn till Cata was released. And I did Halion reg and HM on 10s, but only reg on 25. For Cata content I've done 6/13 HM t11 pre-FL. Currently I'm 7/7 HM FLs. I got 6/7 HM pre-nerf, and H Rag post nerf.
- Any special Achievements / Titles / Mounts you have earned in PvE you would like us to know about?
Champion of the Naaru, Hand of A'dal, Amani War bear, White proto (includes "of the Nightfall" and "Undying"), "Twilight Vanquisher", Rusted and Iron proto, "Starcaller", "Astral walker", Herald of the Titans, Swift Alliance steed from ToC 10H, Dedicated Insanity/"Argent Defender", Bloodbathed and Icebound frostbrood vanquisher, Bane of the Fallen King, and "Firelord". I still don't have Drake of the East wind or Corrupted Egg of Millagazor.
- Link to WWS / WMO logs of recent raid(s) you have attended.
My WOL link
- Provide a Quick Summary of your "Valuable" Stats (Healing, Attack Power, etc.) as you understand them for your class.
Mastery, gives me block chance and critical block chance, becomes slightly less useful after ctc cap, but excess mastery does still go into critical block chance after cap. Stamina, gives me more health so I can take harder boss hits, also increases the max amount my vengeance can reach. Armor, reduces percentage of damage taken, not as useful on magical fights. Parry, avoids boss attacks and procs my Hold the Line. Dodge, let's me pretend to be a bear. Parry shouldn't be more than 2-3% roughly above dodge to avoid DR (I have a chart for specific values though).
- Which major and prime glyphs do you currently use? Explain your choices
Prime: Shield Slam, Revenge, and Devastate - they are the only prot glyphs really.
Major: Thunder Clap, Shockwave, and Cleaving - these glyphs help improve my aoe tanking, and I felt that the other glyphs weren't as raiding focused or was willing to sacrifice them for better aoe tanking.
- Do you have dualspec, and is your offspec something you could viably play in raids?
My offspec is fury and yes I have played fury for raids before. The equipped iLevel of my fury gear is 383
- What spec do you prefer? Are you willing to respec if an emergency arises? Are you willing to respec to the optimal spec for a progression boss?
I prefer prot, and I am willing to tweak my spec as necessary for progression fights. I'm also willing to have two prot specs and drop fury if needed.
- How do you feel about sitting out for any given encounter if we do not need you? It will happen.
I'm ok with sitting. I've been in guilds were there was a big tanking roster and we did lots of rotating to get everyone play time/gear. I've also sat for one tank fights or where a warrior isn't the best class for the job. I understand that it's progression > me.
- Are you willing to spend 400+ gold a night in repairs and consumables, stay focused and wipe for 4 hours straight, come back the next day and do it all over again until a new boss dies (even on "farm" content)?
Yes, I have 80k+ gold and maxed secondary professions plus a gatherer alt to help support me while raiding.
- What is your reason for applying? What makes us more appealing that any one of the thousands of other raiding guilds out there?
I'd like to join a guild that is at similar progression as me, that I can seamlessly integrate with. Other than that I don't really know you guys much yet. I can tell you what I look for in guilds and what I expect from my fellow members. I look for team players, that do whatever it takes to get the job done. Open and honest communication between members and officers. Constructive criticism that is aimed at solving problems and not just cutting down individuals. Lots of out of raid activities and involvement, and late night players since I also stay up quite late. People with a good sense of humor that get progression done but also have a fun time doing it, because at the end of the day this is a game and games should be fun dammit.
- Who, if anyone, will vouch for your abilities in WWA?
I'm a server transfer so I don't know anyone in your guild yet.
- Post a screenshot of your UI.(If you are having trouble, use the free image hosting resources of http://imageshack.us)
My UI link
- Last words: Show us what sets you apart from the rest of the candidates; what makes you better? What can you bring to WWA? What do you want us to know that wasnít covered? Let us know why WE want YOU. This is your last chance to impress us, be thorough. Do not answer this question with one sentence. Once again, the more complete the answer, the better.
I strive to be self-sufficient and work hard to be the best raider I can be. I always come prepared for raids, whether that be consumables, food, or knowledge. I read strats and typically watch several videos to learn fights beforehand. I believe that tanks especially need to know their role before trying a new fight. I keep notes on progression fights, and also like to make spreadsheets. I go out of my way to help people as much as I can. Iím also a perfectionist and set high standards for myself, and take a lot of pride in what I do. Being responsible for your actions is really important to me, and if I mess up Iíll admit to it and it wonít happen again. In Insanity Included my GM was an 8 on the trox-o-meter, so I consider myself fairly bulletproof now. I like making friends with other tanks, and enjoy discussing tank theory and working to improve my skills. I'm pretty much always online and up for whatever. All in all Iím a dedicated, hard working player.
Nov 28 2011, 10:00 PM
Joined: 25-June 10
Member No.: 458
Uh in short if you're not a slutty chick posting nudes, e-fucking officers and don't talk at all unless needed I am sure you'll do just fine here.
Is that what you wanted me to say diqmoor? rofl~
Nah in all seriousness, as a woman in this game you have to grow a thick skin against all this woman shit talk, once you're past that no matter which guild you're in you'll be safe. WWA can be intimidating at times but overall I as a woman still enjoy the environment.
PS: Screw you zarafool
|Lo-Fi Version||Time is now: 19th June 2013 - 07:40 AM|