Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Aphona

Help me please Donnut

7 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, my name is Aphona and I was just curious if Donnut (The Mage) would be interested in helping me out with a few things mage related. I would be very grateful.

I recently went back to fire and noticed mastery has become useful again as well has opening in mage armor. I was pretty good at this last tier getting a few ranks above 20 but I feel as though it is a little bit different now. My main questions were;

1. Do you use PoM to re-apply Molten armor?

2. Do you ever use Frost armor?

3. Should I only be spamming Pyroblast when BBoY is around 6 stacks or are there also other circumstances to do it?

4. Do you actively try to keep potent flames up or do you still do your regular rotation?

5. Are there any tips you may have for me that i could have potentially overlooked?

My Btag is Aphona#1764 if your interested in adding me

Ugh, I guess you guys don't get much public interaction. This is a serious post.

1. Do you use PoM to re-apply Molten armor?

You can, but I do not. If you get good pyro crit RNG with alter time you can pom + molten armor + combust in a macro and still have a high ignite. Recently I have been using Nitroboosts after alter time fades and combust as I use my Pom pyro (usually using combust earlier ends up wasting the nitro boosts this way) I don't like the idea because if you screw this up somehow you lose way more dps than you gain.

2. Do you ever use Frost armor?

No. On the opener haste is already super inflated with lust + meta + troll racial. Outside of the opener crit is our strongest stat so you should always have molten armor on.

3. Should I only be spamming Pyroblast when BBoY is around 6 stacks or are there also other circumstances to do it?

If you are talking about on the opener I do not. With perfect crit rng you will be ready to alter (fireball in the air) 4 seconds after first hitting the boss. This can already be by crit rng and your meta gem not procing before your first fireball cast. In my opinion if you go out of your way to try and delay your alter you risk not having pyro + heating up + 4p before your trinkets fall. I won't say this is 100% correct though.

4. Do you actively try to keep potent flames up or do you still do your regular rotation?

Yes and I will go into detail:

You will do more damage the longer you can keep a 5 stack up without interrupting your casts. On single target fights it is pretty easy to maintain a 5 stack with a Fireball + pyroblast rotation but you will need to occasionally pyroblast without a heating up proc to save a high stack. You want to pyroblast before and after using evocation unless you are stacked with haste buffs at the time and generally whenever you refresh LB/NT or when you need to inferno blast you will likely have to pyro without heating up. If you have to choose between refreshing LB or refreshing 2p remember that pyromaniac lasts longer than LB does, so it is worth refreshing the 2p. If you queue a fireball right after casting a pyro and don't have heating up at the start of the cast, you have to cast pyroblast after the second fireball cast regardless. Sometimes Rng will screw you over no matter what you do. Don't go out of your way to refresh a low stack or scorch to save a stack.

Ugh, I guess you guys don't get much public interaction. This is a serious post.

Forgive the drooling and the foaming at the mouth. Generally it's just a lot of trolls and idiots around these parts.

I forgive the trolling it doesn't bother me very much.

In regards to the replies.

1. With the BBoY stacks I mean after the opener. Say 1minute into the fight BBoY procs, its at 6 stacks, you have Heating up and Pyro ready. Do you spam pyro 3 times because they normally always crit? Or do you just continue with your normal rotation?

Thanks for the help as well :) I appreciate it very much

1. With the BBoY stacks I mean after the opener. Say 1minute into the fight BBoY procs, its at 6 stacks, you have Heating up and Pyro ready. Do you spam pyro 3 times because they normally always crit? Or do you just continue with your normal rotation?

I wouldn't if you have a 2p 4-5 stack active cause you risk losing it before getting another hotstreak. If not then it is probably worth doing.