Feb 29 2012, 12:11 AM
Joined: 28-February 12
Member No.: 1,098
- First Name: Shawn
- Your Country / Time zone: EST
- Age: 23
- Do you have Ventrilo and working microphone? Yes
- Are you able to handle mature (or immature) content on Ventrilo and in guild chat? Yes
- Do you have the capacity to clearly communicate, yet have a knowledge of when it's appropriate to keep comments to yourself? I do
- Are you presently employed or a student. Will it interfere with your ability to raid? Will you be able to attend 99% of our raids? Do you have any other Real Life obligations which might prevent you from attending 99% of our raids? Will you, in the near future, have any obligations that will make you unable to raid?
Currently a full time student, and monday classes run late in the evening, but since this tier is on farm it shouldnt effect my attendance, and will have a new schedule before the next progression
- Do you have any PC or disconnect issues we should know about? No, very good internet, and a decent computer
- Are you able to handle harsh criticism? You can, and will, be subjected to harsh criticism and you will be called out when you do not perform.
Dont mind it, would prefer to be told what im doing wrong
- Class / Character Name: Troofrellan - Shaman
- Race: Goblin
- Professions: JC/Alch
- Do your professions increase your performance in raids? Explain your choices
Alch is a very good choice since its 80 int and double flask duration, and JC while not the best, i know that when i drop it, blizz will add new JC gems, and i know JC will be a top profession in MoP again
- Total time played (/played) and Time played at 85: 50 ish days
-Is this your first main character? If not what did you used to play? When did you start playing WoW? Please provide detailed information about time spent on all your previous characters. Tell us as much as you can, the more the better.
My mage was my first main in vanilla, and some in TBC, which i switched to a warrior later, WoltK my warrior/shaman/mage were all mains at one point, and my shaman has been my main since T11
-Main Spec: (x/x/x) (include a link from http://www.wowhead.com if it differs from the spec you presently have on armory). If you have a relevant offspec for raiding, tell us about that as well.
My current spec is for H madness10, along with reforging and glyphing
http://www.wowhead.com/talent#hhZbhMZfGbMsbzRsd:Mbs would be the spec i would use as a "default 25m spec" for fights with atleast some movement
http://www.wowhead.com/talent#hhb0oZbbZfGbMsbzRsd:Mbs would be the spec i would use for just a stand still aoe fight
ES and WS glyphes are interchangeable based on the fight
but i dont think i ever used the exact same spec twice this tier for progression
-Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/dark...rellan/advanced
-What is your current guild? Exile
-What were the last 3 guilds you were in? What are the reasons for leaving your last and current guild? Tell us about your time in each and how active you were in each.
Ive been in Exile since i started playing again in cata, and im leaving them because they are goin back to 10man raiding, and I would prefer to raid 25s
In WotLK, i cant remember what the guild names
- What end game raiding experience do you have? (This includes in vanilla WoW, TBC and WOTLK as well as Cata. be specific.) Be thorough. The more detail the better.
Vanilla/TBC - all content cleared except most of naxx, and SW (quit b4 SW patch)
WotLK - T7 25m cleared + OS 3D, most Uld25 HMs, ToC 4/5 ToGC, 8/12H ICC25 (10%) before i quit again
Cata - 8/13H, 7/7H FL pre-DS, 8/8H DS (5% spine/madness)
During TBC and WotLK, i played with some IRL friends on several servers, when they quit, i naturally quit along with them, and i came back in cata once i saw the raiding tiers were actually difficult
- Any special Achievements / Titles / Mounts you have earned in PvE you would like us to know about?most of my unique removed items arent on my shaman, but i do have Glory of DS raider complete
- Link to WWS / WMO logs of recent raid(s) you have attended.
All of our guilds logs
- Provide a Quick Summary of your "Valuable" Stats (Healing, Attack Power, etc.) as you understand them for your class.
Int is by far the best stat, then it depends on the fight, but as a general "standard" build its normally: Int > Spi > Haste 1127 (goblin 4pc13 HR tic) > mastery > haste > crit
For fights that are TC heavy (like zonz, madness, hagara, ultra) i would go something like:
Int > haste (2005 breakpoint, sometimes higher) > mastery > Spi > crit
My current stat priority on armory for madness 10H is:
Int > Haste (HR tic with yellow buff) > mastery > Spi > crit
- Which major and prime glyphs do you currently use? Explain your choices
I prefer to use ELW and Riptide, since they r the obvious major HPS gains, especially in 25m
and normally ill run WS glyph with less spirit on the gear and pick up some mastery, since ES normally only ends up being 2-4% of overall healing, and 20% increased on it, isnt that great, but for some fights with lots of hits on the tank ill toss in ES glyph
- Do you have dualspec, and is your offspec something you could viably play in raids?
My ele set is pretty decent, havent really played it since FL, and a lot of pieces are shared with my resto set
- What spec do you prefer? Are you willing to respec if an emergency arises? Are you willing to respec to the optimal spec for a progression boss?
I can respec to any of the specs and play them fine, enhance is lacking some gear currently tho, and for resto i will normally change up the spec for each progression fight
- How do you feel about sitting out for any given encounter if we do not need you? It will happen.
I dont mind sitting out, but im also not looking for a guild where i will see the bench for 75% of the raid
- Are you willing to spend 400+ gold a night in repairs and consumables, stay focused and wipe for 4 hours straight, come back the next day and do it all over again until a new boss dies (even on "farm" content)?
I have no problem putting in the hours and effort to get it done
- What is your reason for applying? What makes us more appealing that any one of the thousands of other raiding guilds out there?
Im looking for a stable 25m raiding guild, that will be competitive in MoP, and WWA consistantly ranks high
- Who, if anyone, will vouch for your abilities in WWA? sadly i dont know anyone in WWA
- Post a screenshot of your UI.(If you are having trouble, use the free image hosting resources of http://imgur.com)
Not shown in the SS, is the raid frames, which are right below the tellmewhen bar of CDs on the left
- Last words: Show us what sets you apart from the rest of the candidates; what makes you better? What can you bring to WWA? What do you want us to know that wasn’t covered? Let us know why WE want YOU. This is your last chance to impress us, be thorough. Do not answer this question with one sentence. Once again, the more complete the answer, the better.
I do all my own theorycrafting, ive found that sites like EJ, while a good guideline for beginners, often miss some key points, or just have wrong information sometimes
I go through the logs every raid night, even on farm, just to see how im doing, and check things like spell breakdown, uptime, healing during burn phases, etc
And i have played other games at a competitive level before coming to wow, was Cal-I CoD 1/2, Cal-P CSS
Mar 1 2012, 11:19 PM
Joined: 12-December 10
Member No.: 643
The 2005 haste break point is really 1858 as goblin, other than that I don't really see anything wrong with this app. However we do have 3 resto shaman already and I'm not entirely sure we're looking another.
|Lo-Fi Version||Time is now: 22nd May 2013 - 11:54 PM|